After migrating to a new Mac I was getting the errors below when launching iTunes;
We set our Macs to require a password when woken from sleep or the screensaver.
Around the beginning of November several of our 10.8.x Mac users started to advise that they were seeing the dreaded spinning beachball/pinwheel when trying to wake their Macs.
It appears we were not alone in this issue.
Even though we’re using a HTTP/S distribution point, that should allow for resumable downloads we sometimes see the below error;
Within our Casper environment all our distribution points are HTTPS. On occasions we’ll get the emails from our JAMF Software Server containing the below:
I’ve been trying to restore my JSS 8.73 to a test server in preparation to test upgrading to 9.2x, but during the restore i was getting the error “ERROR 2006 (HY000) at line 1692: MySQL server has gone away” as shown below.
As mentioned in my previous post, we have a simple cluster setup for our JSS.
The “cloud” accessible version of our JSS we disable the web app, so if you navigate to it you’ll be presented with the below:
This weekend our firewalls were replaced with us moving from one vendor to another. This took a little longer than required due to some issues with rules & inside outside definitions, but my colleague was more than up to the challenge.
This change required our VPN config profile to be re-pushed, it seemed to work. But further testing revealed we had an issue.
We have a simple cluster for our JSS with one server “cloud” accessible in the DMZ & another on our WAN that is our master JSS, post firewall change I checked:
On testing Mavericks I started seeing the above prompt when logging in.
Infrequently we’ve been seeing the below error on some iDevices after enrolling into our MDM solution.
“Cannot Get Mail. The connection to the server failed”
Plugging those devices into a computer running iPhone Configuration Utility would reveal the following errors in the logs.
“The operation couldn’t be completed. (DAErrorDomain error 111.)”
Realising we had maybe a more Exchange side issue, we looked at the logs on the Exchange Server we were connecting to.. these logs contained the following errors: