Way back in Jan 2014 grabbed a test iPhone & after charging I was greeted with the above.
After various exclamations along the lines of “Holy fishsticks, Batman!” we did get the iPhone enabled & this did not involve a time machine or me waiting the 23,053,554 minutes for the device.
Below is how & some guess work as to what happened.
On January 29th, Microsoft released Outlook for iOS and Android.
This release has caused somewhat of a stir due to some reported security issues with the app which existed before it’s rebranding from “Accompli”
I’ll be honest, I found a number of the posts on this app to be somewhat alarmist, but a post with the somewhat alarmist title: Warning – Microsofts Outlook app for iOS breaks your company security raised a point that caused me some concern.
This point was: “Shared Exchange ActiveSync ID and device type”
This post will explain why the concern, my findings & how to block “Outlook for iOS and Android” via Exchanges Allow/Block/Quarantine List.
Several months after going launching our BYOD scheme, we started getting reports from people that their iOS devices would fail to connect to our Exchange servers for company email.
They would fail with an error like that shown in the image above.
See below for more details on this issue.
Shortly after we resolved the an issue where the SharePoint Newsfeed iOS App was crashing, we found an issue where some people’s NewsFeed apps were getting the error “We couldn’t get new data right now, try again later.”
There are actually 2 solutions to this error, the 2nd is below & more than a little bit of hair pulling was involved!
We recently went live with a SharePoint 2013 project, the projects launch included the SharePoint NewsFeed iOS App too.
However, before go live we noticed an issue where under some circumstances the SharePoint Newsfeed iOS App (1.0-1.2) would crash when trying to sign in.
After a period of troubleshooting, we found that the app only crashed when connecting directly to some of our SharePoint 2013 sites. But those same sites would work fine when connecting externally via our TMG.