At a recent London Apple Admins, I gave a talk titled “Demystifying Apple School Manager”.
The talks video, the presentation & the links mentioned can be found below.
- Prepare to upgrade to Apple School Manager: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206590
- About Managed Apple IDs for Education: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT205918
- Use SFTP to upload student, staff, and class data to Apple School Manager: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207029
- Prepare to upgrade to Apple School Manager (in presentation this link was “Prepare for Prepare for Education Preview features”): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT206590
- jamf Apple Education Support: http://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/casper-suite/apple-school-manager/9.96/Prepare_to_Enable_User_Images.html
- Classroom Requirements: https://help.apple.com/classroom/ipad/1.0/#/cadc1b9b4f8a
Episode 2 of the MacAdmins Podcast also had some good content regarding Apple School Manager, you can find details on this episode: http://podcast.macadmins.org/2016/04/04/episode-2-in-depth-with-ios-9-3/