When creating test JSS instances, I often stumble over this issue where the “Change MySQL Settings…” option is greyed out
What’s the issue?
The issue is that there is no my.cnf file in /etc/.
What’s the solution?
- Quit JSS Database Utility.
- Run the following commands in Terminal:
sudo cp -r /usr/local/mysql/support-files/my-huge.cnf /private/etc/my.cnf
sudo chown root /etc/my.cnf
3. Restart MySQL.
4. Open JSS Database Utility
5. Click “Utilities” in the menubar & you should now be able to select “Change MySQL Settings…”
6. Once selected you’ll be able to change various MySQL settings, with the most common being “Max Packet Size.”